Module & Pack Testing
Battery & Materials Research
Battery PXI SMU
Battery Production Solution
Battery Production Products
Model 17040 Regenerative Battery Pack Test System
- Conforms to international standards for battery testing: IEC, ISO, UL, and GB/T, etc.
- Regenerative battery energy discharge (Eff. >90%, PF >0.95, I_THD <5%)
- 4 voltage and current ranges for auto ranging function to provide optimum resolution
- High accuracy current/voltage measurement (±0.05%FS/±0.02%FS)
- 2ms current slew rate and 1ms data acquisition
- Dynamic (current/power) driving profile simulation tests for NEDC, FUDS, HPPC
- Test channel parallel function
- Test data analysis function
- Data recovery protection (after power failure)
- Automatic protection for error condition
- Battery simulator (option)
- High power testing equipment
- Voltage range : 10~1000V
- Current range : 0~1500A
- Power range : 0~600kW
- Customized integration functions
- Integrated temperature chamber
- BMS data analysis
- Multi-channel voltage/temperature recording
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Power battery module
- Energy storage system
- Motor driver
- power control system
The Chroma 17040 Regenerative Battery Pack Test System is a high precision system specifically designed for secondary battery module and pack tests. It has an energy regenerative function to greatly reduce power consumption during discharge, and ensure a stable power grid without generating harmonic pollution on other devices - even in dynamic charge and discharge conditions. It is capable of recycling the electric energy discharged by the battery module back to the grid reducing wasted energy that is discharged by traditional equipment in the form of heat, thus reducing the HVAC requirements.
The Chroma 17040 system has built in parallel channels and dynamic profile simulation functions. The parallel capability increases the charge and discharge current and power to its maximum, thus increasing the efficiency and flexibility of device usage. The dynamic profile simulation allows the user to load a battery waveform of a given drive profile in either current or power mode to meet the NEDC/FUDS requirements. Its bi-directional architecture ensures that the current will not be interrupted during the charge and discharge transient state so that the driving
conditions can be accurately simulated to be in line with the ISO, IEC, UL and GB/T international testing standards.
Equipped with Chroma's powerful "Battery Pro" software, the 17040 system has flexible test editing functions to perform independent channel tests, and conforms to the diversified requirements for testing secondary battery packs with high safety and stability. It also supports power failure recovery functions that ensure test data is not interrupted.
The test system has multiple safety features including Over Voltage Protection, Over Current Protection Check, Over Temperature Protection, and external parameter detection to ensure protected charge/discharge testing on the batteries. Furthermore data loss, storage and recovery are protected against power failure.
Security - Reinforce Risk Management
- Able to load test, cut-off, and protection criteria to a charging/discharging device directly for execution to achieve multi-layer protection through internal software and hard ware
- Able to integrate external hardware to get real-time monitoring parameters form BMS, Data Logger, Chamber, and I/O signals to execute warning/ cut-off/ power off protection
- Able to monitor various voltage and temperature values of battery packs through readings form BMS and measurements on Data Logger; also able to perform instant judgment and protection based on set values
- Built-in multiple warning and protection modes : OVP, UVP, OTP, WIR_LOSS, CAL_ERR, POW_ERR, RMT_RVS
Precision - Improve Product Quality
- High frequency sampling measurement technology: Max. sampling rate 50kHz to ensure dynamic measurement accuracy
- Voltage accuracy: ± (0.02% of rdg. ± 0.02% of r.n.g.)
- Current accuracy: ± (0.05% of rdg. ± 0.05% of r.n.g.)
- Quick response test technology: 2ms (-90% to 90%) current slew rate applicable for various test applications
- Auto voltage/current range switch function: 4 ranges are varied with current change that will be automatically adjusted to optimize the measurement accuracy
- Support dynamic driving profile simulation (waveform), which simulates the current and power state of real driving conditions to comply with the NEDC, FUDS and HPPC standards
High frequency sampling measurement technology
Generally, battery chargers/dischargers use software to read current values for power computing; however, limited data sampling speed could result in large errors when calculating the dynamic current capacity. By increasing the V/I sampling rate and ouble integrating method, Chroma is able to provide capacity calculation with much higher accuracy. When the current changes, the data is not lost and the transmission speed is not affected.
- V/I sampling rate: 50KHz (per 20μs)
- Integrate calculus: I for capacity; VxI for energy
▲General charger/discharger sampling rate ▲Chroma charger/discharger sampling rate
Quick response test technology
In quick response mode, the current is smooth without overshoot to avoid damaging the battery。
- Current Ripple Noise <0.5%, Overshoot <1%
▲Overshoot <1% ▲Current slew rate 2ms (-90% to 90%)
Dynamic driving profile simulation
Battery packs are used under quick and irregular current conditions. The 17040 system simulates real conditions on the battery pack via the working condition simulator.
- Dynamic charge/discharge power or current waveforms simulate the drive cycle or any real world application. In the dynamic current mode (waveform), the current transition time for maximum discharge and charge requires only 2ms
- Test steps can specify an Excel file from which to read the tored current/power waveform
- 720,000 points of driving profile memory available to save the waveform profile in each channel
- Interval for profile condition changes: 1ms~10sec.